Sunday, June 17, 2012

Departing for "The Dalton Hwy" & Fathers Day

It is 6am in Fairbanks and I'm getting ready to pack the motorcycle for Prudhoe Bay - via the "Dalton Hwy". For the record, Milen & (Sarge) are one in the same. I nicknamed him Sarge - the loud, burley Bulgarian with a big heart. There had been some confusion from my readers that Sarge was a third rider.
Photo taken in 1960 of Dad & I going for a bike ride. 
Anyways, today is Father's Day - so "Happy Father's Day" to all of you fathers. I'm hoping my '93 year old father "Jack" has a great day as well! It will be a difficult day for dad, as my mother passed - a year ago today. They had been married for 65 years. We miss her, Dad especially! "Happy Father's Day" Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Happy (Belated) Father's Day to you, Dave!

    You're looking just grand!
    Here's hoping, from now on, it only rains at night!
    More adventures, safe journies...

    Cheers!
    V.

    ReplyDelete