Friday, June 8, 2012

American Motorcycles - A "Class" Act

Yesterday morning, I checked the Internet, for a Harley repair shop in the Tacoma/Seattle area. I called a couple of places; and then happened upon "American Motorcycles" in Tacoma, WA.. Leigh (one of their certified Harley techs) answered my call in a friendly manner - I explained I needed an oil change and checkup, the next day on my way thru; if at all possible. I asked the price and we chatted a little about my trip. Leigh said to bring it by in the morning and they would fit me in.
This morning, I awoke to pouring rain. It had rained most of the night. After a coffee, I donned my rain gear and headed for American Motorcycles - in downtown Tacoma. What a "great" shop! It has the look & character of an "old time" bike shop. "P D Restoration" in London, On. Canada has a similar ambiance. You know; "that warm, cosy feeling you get - when things feel right!" Owner, Gordon has been in the business for 20+ years. He told me of building his first motorcycle - a '72 super glide out of a basket of parts. American Motorcycles works on all american made motorcycles i.e. Harley, Titan, Big Dog, Indian, Big Bear & others. They build customs & Big Bear choppers, as well as do rebuilds. If you are ever in the Tacoma, WA. area, feel free to stop by and say hi. Tell them, 1 Eye sent you! Visit them at "www.americanmotorcycles.com." A photo of the staff (L to R) Doug (motorsickle guru), Gordon, me, Leigh & Tessie (counter/sales) - taken with a recently built "Big Bear" Chopper.
The rest of the day rained, as I rode my way to Canada. I am drying out tonight in Abbotsford, BC. I haven't given much thought about tomorrow, yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment