Monday, June 4, 2012

San Francisco & North Via Hwy #1

When I awoke this morning, the rain was coming down. After a danish & a coffee, courtesy of the motel, I headed north. I found out that the San Andreas Fault can only be seen from space. I didn't feel bad not being able to see it after passing by it on I-280 - twice. I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge - pouring rain & foggy; however I stopped anyway and took some pictures. I got one, of the two other tourists to take a photo of me. From there I took Hwy #1 north along the coast. Yes, it rained most of the day. I am having supper at McDonalds again (WiFi) at Fort Bragg and updating my blog. My day isn't done yet - hope to get near Eureka, CA. I had to tighten a few loose bolts on the fairing - the cold weather (60•F) after Death Valley, 115•F. Quite a contrast. I guess it's getting me ready for Alaska!