Friday, June 8, 2012

Go North - From Hope, BC.

Today, I was a little slow on the getty-up. I didn't get going till 11 am (check out time). That was because - yes you guessed it - it was raining! I only did 245 miles today; from Abbotsford to 100 Mile House, BC.. Once the rain let up, it warmed up a little, but I left my rain suit on, over my riding gear. I figured that would negate any further chance of rain. It worked! The scenery was fantastic. I rode north from Hope, BC. heading toward Prince George. I can sense the remoteness that will happen soon. A mountain goat (captured on video) - with a full set of horns - crossed in front of me, high up in the mountains. I wasn't expecting that - better keep alert! Tomorrow, I will go west from Prince George on Hwy#16. Just a couple of pictures today. One taken out of the restaurant window, at Hope where I stopped for lunch - it was great homemade chili & fresh baked bread. The other one, was taken near Spences Bridge on the Trans Canada Hwy (#1).

No comments:

Post a Comment